The Toronto Psychology Clinic (TPC) is a multidisciplinary team of registered health
professionals who provide culturally informed, evidence-based psychological services to
optimize their client’s health and well-being. Services include mental health diagnostic
assessments and psychotherapy services, supervision and training, and mental well-being
training and workshops for organizations and corporations. Clients seek TPC because of the
clinic’s focus on providing mental health services from an equity, diversity, and inclusivity
About the Role
Reporting to the Clinic Director, the Clinic Business Manager is responsible for providing
leadership to all clinic staff and managing daily operations. The successful candidate will play a
crucial role in optimizing clinic operations and overseeing the growth and profitability of the
If you are a highly motivated and experienced management professional seeking a senior-level
role that combines healthcare clinic operations and financial management, we encourage you to
apply. Join our team and contribute to the delivery of exceptional mental health care while
driving the operational and financial success of our clinic. See details of this role below:
- Provide leadership to the clinic and manage all administrative operations.
- Foster a strong culture of teamwork, effective communication, continuous learning,
and professional growth within and between various clinic departments.
- Manage the clinic’s financial plan, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial
- Coordinate and maintain accurate records of the clinic’s financial activities that include
bookkeeping, accounts receivables, account payables, and payroll.
- Identify cost optimization and revenue enhancement opportunities and implement
strategies to improve overall financial performance.
- Coordinate and maintain a system for quality assurance for various clinic operations;
generate and present reports and make recommendations for improvements
- Remain up to date on and ensure staff compliance with clinic policies and the laws,
regulations, and standards that govern regulated healthcare services in the private
- Create and facilitate training to improve clinic operations and overall service quality.
- Develop, update, and organize clinic contracts, policies, procedures, forms, database,
and training documents; ensure smooth implementation of new policies and
- Develop and facilitate onboarding, training, coaching, and supervision of all current
and new administrative staff
- Conduct regular performance appraisals to support administrative staff’s professional
learning and growth and determine salary adjustments and bonuses.
- Maintain a talent pool of clinical and administrative staff for employment and
internships at the clinic; prepare and post role descriptions, interview and select
candidates for the director’s approval; prepare and execute letters of offers and
- Ensure all personnel files and human resources processes, policies and information are
up to date; coordinate coverage for and maintain a record of vacations, sick/personal
days, and incidents.
- Oversee and keep thorough records of clinic subscriptions, supplier contracts,
corporate filings, and renewals.
- Coordinate activities with other professionals, organizations, and clinics to maintain
and grow referrals
- Consult with third-party vendors: subject experts, consultants, and technical personnel
to improve clinic processes and growth
- Be knowledgeable in all clinic software; leverage new technology tools to improve
efficiency and accuracy in clinic processes
- Ensure proactive customer service is provided, reviewing customer complaints and
implementing corrective action as appropriate.
- Oversee marketing initiatives that include website improvements, social media, print,
and digital press releases, etc.
- Provide backup support to administrative staff as required
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience in a health clinic that includes
managing financial and human resource operations.
- Positive attitude and growth-driven mindset
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and employee management
- Excellent customer service and team-building skills;
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and
manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong business acumen and a results-oriented mindset with a focus on achieving
financial targets and operational excellence.
- Experience with bookkeeping, budget analysis, financial reporting, and payroll
- Experience with recruitment, training, and managing a team of administrators.
- Knowledge of equity diversity and inclusivity practices in healthcare
- Knowledge of health information best practices for virtual clinics.
- Ability to learn, use, and troubleshoot software quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Google Workspace, Janeapp, and Quickbooks Online experience an asset but not require
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Availability: 40 hours a week; Monday – Friday; Hybrid
If your qualifications and experience fit this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer
competitive pay, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive in a dynamic, successful
organization. We hope you will join us in our journey to become one of Toronto’s leading mental
Interested and qualified candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume as one PDF
document directly to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be
reviewed. Applications will continue to be collected until the position is filled.
Toronto Psychology Clinic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the
attraction, selection, advancement, and fair treatment of all individuals. We are committed to
supporting a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. We welcome applicants across ability,
race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and perspectives. We strive to create an
inclusive workplace where differences are embraced and fuel our growth. If you require any
disability accommodations at any point during the recruitment and hiring process please let us
know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org