The Toronto Psychology Clinic is a rapidly growing and busy private practice providing
psychological consultation, assessment and treatment for a range of mental health issues to
children, adolescents and adults. Providing culturally-informed, evidence-based, and inclusive
services is a priority at our clinic. Our clients are people of diverse ethnic, racial, sociocultural,
sexual, gender identities and various abilities and these are lived experiences that we value and
attend to throughout our work. We are a multidisciplinary and collaborative team of
professionals that include psychologists, social workers, psychotherapists and graduate students.
We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, empathic and experienced individual to assist
us with our client services needs.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Clinic and Intake Coordinator, the intake assistant will be responsible
for new client phone screenings and bookings with mental health therapists while also
coordinating and maximizing therapists’ schedules. Through excellent organizational skills and a
customer focus attitude, the intake assistant will ensure that clients are well serviced, standard
operational measures are being met and client referrals are kept up to date.
We provide the flexibility to work from home, however training will be in-person at our
- Completing mental health intake screens with new referrals;
- Coordinating and booking new clients with different therapists based on therapist competencies and clients’ needs;
- Accurately managing and tracking all intakes, new bookings, and waitlist;
- Maintaining and handling personal health information in accordance with provincial regulations;
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of all clinic operations, software and tools;
- Demonstrating strong problem-solving skills by offering input, feedback, and recommendations to improve processes, quality, and operations;
- Completing other ad hoc administrative duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education is an asset;
- Experience with intake/scheduling, preferably in a healthcare setting;
- Experience with JaneApp and Google Drive is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, make recommendations, and problem solve;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize urgent tasks;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using various virtual platforms;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Must have access to their own secure internet, computer, and office space when working
Benefits of the position include:
- Opportunities for learning about different therapeutic modalities and client needs by highly trained mental health professionals.
- Building relationships with therapists and other professionals in the mental health field.
- Developing strong organizational skills by accurately managing and tracking intake processes.
- Gaining proficiency in handling sensitive and confidential information in compliance with regulations.
- Receiving direct mentorship from Clinic and Intake Coordinator, which provides insight into the operations of a mental health clinic.
- Playing a crucial role in connecting referrals with appropriate therapists, contributing to the improvement of their mental health.
- Opportunities to advance towards more specialized roles within the clinic and/or field.
Anticipated Start Date: Sept 18, 2023
Job Type: Part-time, permanent
Availability: 35 hours a week
Salary: $20-22 per hour
Interested and qualified candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume as one PDF
document directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be
reviewed. Applications will continue to be collected until the position is filled.
We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and accessible experience for all applicants. If you
require any disability accommodations at any point during the recruitment and hiring process
please let us know by emailing email@example.com.