The Toronto Psychology Clinic is a private practice that provides culturally-informed mental health services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, and groups. Our focus is on providing psychological assessment and interventions that integrate across well-validated methods of psychotherapy models (e.g. EFT, CBT, DBT, mindfulness, family systems, social constructivist, contemporary psychodynamic). We have a very collegial multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals with a wide range of knowledge, experience, and expertise. The Toronto Psychology Clinic is looking for highly motivated, talented, and compassionate Registered Psychologists, Social Workers, and Psychotherapists to join our growing team of professionals and provide services in-person, virtually, or both (at present all of us are providing services virtually only).
We are currently seeking several associates to join our team on a full or part-time basis. Opportunities to start part-time while maintaining other work is also available.
When you join our team, you become part of a community that prioritizes collaboration, support, and connection. We encourage and support personal growth and work-life balance for our associates. Our clinic values relationships, autonomy, and advocacy for mental health services. Providing psychological interventions to BIPOC and marginalized people using anti-racist and anti-oppressive frameworks is a priority of our practice.
At the Toronto Psychology Clinic you will have the opportunity to engage in both individual and peer consultation that includes individual and couple focused consultation groups. The clinic also runs seminars with invited experts in a range of areas based on the interests of the associates.
Toronto Psychology Clinic is located in the core of downtown Toronto; near major universities, hospitals and the financial district. Our location allows for a diverse range of referrals and opportunities for collaboration with a multidisciplinary group of professionals (GPs, psychiatrists, physiotherapists, etc.). We offer the option for you to work remotely on a temporary or permanent basis.
* The start date of your employment is flexible. We will be hiring until we fill positions. We can work around the completion of internships and other types of work you may currently be engaged in.
The ideal candidate will have:
- MA, MSW, PhD, or PsyD in psychology, social work, counselling, or a related field
- Registration with the CPO, CRPO or OCSWSSW
- Minimum 3 years of experience in assessment, treatment planning, and provision of psychotherapy services for adolescents and/or adults
- Training in evidence-based interventions and a strong interest in psychotherapy integration
- Excellent case conceptualization skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility for both daytime and evening shifts
- Couple therapy experience would be an asset but is not required as we can provide training
- Fluency in a second language such as Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Farsi, Bengali, Mandarin, or Cantonese is an asset
- BIPOC folx and those who identify with a marginalized group are particularly encouraged to apply
Benefits of the position include:
- Developing a diverse caseload of treatment and assessment cases based on your interests
- Our clinic has a waitlist and most associates have a full caseload right away
- Our Intake Coordinator will take the time to learn your interests and areas of expertise and will use this information when assigning you clients
- Marketing support towards cases you are most interested in
- Opportunity to learn or further improve your skills in specific therapeutic models including but not limited to; CBT, DBT, EFT, Mindfulness, Contemporary Psychodynamic and Couples Therapy
- Opportunity to learn or further improve your skills for treatment and assessment of under-serviced groups including LGBTQ+, immigrants, racial and ethnic minorities
- Regular opportunities for training & consultation
- Weekly/biweekly individual and group consultation
- Being part of and learning from a growing team of clinicians with different areas of specialization
- Competitive compensation will be negotiated based on level of experience and training
- Fully electronic charting, scheduling, payments, and billing
- Thorough administrative support
Interested candidates can email our Clinical Coordinator at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Please indicate ‘Job Application’ in the subject heading of your application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications will continue to be collected until the positions are filled.
We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and accessible experience for all applicants. If you require any disability accommodations at any point during the recruitment and hiring process please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Clinic Coordinator at 416-551-1759 ex. 3
Thank you in advance for your interest. However, due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.